The focus of this training will be on both flow and fun flips & tricks. Combined, you will learn how to safely and effectively sequence them together in a routine that utilizes the body and breath in new ways. The flow aspect of the training and classes is similar to a vinyasa by linking movement and breath together. Then we will take it to new heights by combining this with both traditional vinyasa-esque salutations in the air and on the ground, with peak poses flying high in the hammock. Additionally, we will explore more advanced traditional asana such as arm balances and other postures we can use the aerial hammock as a tool for deeper stretching.
This course requires a solid foundation in aerial yoga basic vocabulary as a significant portion will be spent off the ground. This requires a good deal of strength and the ability to invert comfortably in the air. The postures themselves will be more athletic and vigorous, with moves flowing from one to the next at a faster pace. Maneuvers that are both hanging and upside down will be a fun challenge to add to your aerial yoga teaching repertoire. Expect to strengthen your upper body and core even more!
Most mat-based asana has a big focus on pushing strength of the muscles. In this course, we will not only continue to work on inversions on the ground using the hammock, but further develop our muscular capacity to increase our pulling strength to perform incredible moves in the air that incorporate splits, backbends, and different types of non-traditional wraps and rolls in the hammock.
Finally, we will cover a variety of spotting and hands-on adjustments you can perform to help your student’s alignment and/or deepen their stretch like a Thai massage. Further build trust in yourself and the aerial hammock with this Level 2 training.
- Further your aerial yoga practice and teaching by learning new challenging postures and moves, as well as dynamic transitions
- Learn modifications and variations to deepen your practice that you can share so your classes are accessible to everyone as well as a variety of ways to flip and spin into the hammock to spice up your classes!
- Learn a set sequence and create your own that you can teach to an advanced or mixed levels class that includes preparation work into a peak pose or routine
- Discover your authentic teaching voice to be confident and encouraging, at the same time playful and fun
- Discuss various topics such as anatomy for aerial yoga and mindful marketing
Deposit is $350 + 4.5% service fee