Learn to fly and teach aerial yoga on the paradise island of Koh Phangan, Thailand! Take flight into new realms of possibility in your body and mind through the practice of aerial yoga in our intimate, small-group healing environment. When you become an aerial yoga teacher, you enable others to deepen their own yoga practice with the use of this prop.
The Level 1 course runs April 12-17th and will cover the foundations of how to use the aerial yoga hammock as a prop to support a hatha, vinyasa, and restorative yoga practice. April 17th will be a full day off.
The Level 2 course runs April 18th-22nd.
The focus of the Level 2 training will be on both flow and fun flips & tricks. Combined, you will learn how to safely and effectively sequence them together in a routine that utilizes the body and breath in new ways. The flow aspect of the training and classes is similar to a vinyasa by linking movement and breath together. Then we will take it to new heights by combining this with both traditional vinyasa-esque salutations in the air and on the ground, with peak poses flying high in the hammock. Additionally, we will explore more advanced traditional asana such as arm balances and other postures we can use the aerial hammock as a tool for deeper stretching.
Most mat-based asana has a big focus on pushing strength of the muscles. In this course, we will not only continue to work on inversions on the ground using the hammock, but further develop our muscular capacity to increase our pulling strength to perform incredible moves in the air that incorporate splits, backbends, and different types of non-traditional wraps and rolls in the hammock.
Finally, we will cover a variety of spotting and hands-on adjustments you can perform to help your student’s alignment and/or deepen their stretch like a Thai massage. Further build trust in yourself and the aerial hammock with this Level 1 + 2 training.
- Further your yoga and aerial yoga practice and teaching by learning new challenging postures and moves, as well as dynamic transitions
- Learn modifications and variations to deepen your practice that you can share so your classes are accessible to everyone as well as a variety of ways to flip and spin into the hammock to spice up your classes!
- Learn a set sequence and create your own that you can teach to an advanced or mixed levels class that includes preparation work into a peak pose or routine
- Discover your authentic teaching voice to be confident and encouraging, at the same time playful and fun
- Discuss various topics such as anatomy for aerial yoga and mindful marketing